Last modified: April 10, 2023
About the Non-Profit: Critica strives to publish articles and commentaries that explore the roots of science denial as it pertains to health and safety. The Critica team is comprised of experts in medicine, sociology, psychology, public health, and neuroscience who believe that everyone, everywhere is capable of making rational decisions about health and safety if provided with sufficient information in an understandable format.
- Collection of your Personal Information. The Non-Profit collects and maintains personal information that you, our members, donors, or users provide to us when you:
(a) Contact us by phone, mail, or email, in person, or via our website.
(b) Register for an event.
(c) Make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing in a check.
(d) Navigate through our website.
(e) Provide your billing and credit card information when you purchase the Non-profit Services.
- Types of Information. The Non-Profit collects and maintains the following types of information about our Members:
(a) Personal information, including:
(i) Contact information, such as name, address, email, and telephone number.
(ii) Giving information, including types and amounts of donations and credit card information. We utilize secure transaction methods when collecting credit card information over the internet. The Non-Profit does not disclose credit card account information provided by our Members, except for the proper processing of donations.
(iii) Information on events attended and publications received.
(iv) Any other information provided by the Member to the Non-Profit, such as public comments or posts on the Non-Profit’s website.
(b) Non-personal information that does not personally identify you, including information that is anonymized, aggregated, or publicly available when not combined with non-publicly available information about you.
(c) Information about your computer hardware and software, browsing actions, and patterns, including information, automatically collected through technical methods such as:
(ii) Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
(iii) Web Beacons. Pages of our Website, and our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Non-Profit, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Confidentiality. All information about any financial and non-financial transactions between you and the Non-Profit is considered highly confidential and we employ appropriate security measures designed to protect it. While the information is kept confidential, it is shared with the Non-Profit’s board members, staff, volunteers, and professionals, and with any of the Non-Profit’s parent organizations or subsidiaries, on a need-to-know basis and in compliance with all laws, regulations, court orders, or other governmental requests.
- Use of Personal Information. The Non-Profit collects and maintains personal information to:
(a) Establish a relationship and communicate with you about the Non-Profit, including our programs, special events, and funding needs.
(b) Learn about our donors and what matters to you.
(c) Process donations and event registrations and issue tax receipts.
(d) Comply with all laws and regulations, including reporting requirements.
(e) Plan future fundraising activities and events.
(f) Analyze giving patterns.
(g) Solicit feedback from you by conducting surveys.
The Non-Profit uses industry-standard safeguards to protect your personal information against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of your personal information. The Non-Profit will not share, sell, or exchange your personal information with any other entity for third-party fundraising or marketing purposes, except as provided in this Policy or as expressly consented to by you/except with charitable organizations that the Non-Profit believes engage in activities consistent with the mission and beliefs of the Non-Profit. To opt out, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To the extent that a third-party service provider is used to process any donations, the provider is bound by strict confidentiality rules, and your information will only be used to the extent necessary to process the donation.
- Communications. The Non-Profit will, from time to time, communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and mail, concerning the Non-Profit’s charitable activities, events, and requests for future support. The Non-Profit will not call or email you or send mailings to you on behalf of other organizations without your express consent. To opt out of receiving these communications, you may contact email@example.com or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications.
- Records Retention and Destruction. The Non-Profit complies with all Internal Revenue Service, state, and local regulations and the Non-Profit’s internal policies governing the retention, management, and destruction of donor information collected and maintained by the Non-Profit.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information. You can review and request changes to the personal information that the Non-Profit has collected about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please be aware that the Non-Profit may not accommodate a change request that would impact record retention or other operational requirements like remembering email opt-out preferences, violating any law or legal requirement, or causing the information to be incorrect. Deleting your personal information may also require deleting your user account (if any). California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
- Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Critica, Inc. 2700 Arlington Avenue, Bronx, NY 10463.
- Children Under the Age of 13. The Non-Profit’s website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the website. The Non-Profit does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features, register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, or provide any information about yourself to the Non-Profit, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If the Non-Profit learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, the Non-Profit will delete that information. If you believe the Non-Profit might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact the Non-Profit as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Contact Information
Attn: Critica, Inc.
2700 Arlington Avenue
Bronx, NY 10463